Thank you for your interest in the Tim Hortons® brand. There are six (6) steps to becoming a Tim Hortons® Franchisee.
Learn more about what we look for in a Tim Hortons® Franchisee by reviewing our FAQ’s.
1. Candidate Inquiry
- Candidate completes the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
- Candidate receives an automated email prompting them to “opt-in” to receive future communications from Tim Hortons®.
- Minimum financial requirements:
- Net worth - $500,000
- Unencumbered funds - $100,000
2. Discovery Call and Background Screening
- Once Pre-Qualification Questionnaire is complete and if the candidate meets initial requirements, the franchising team will contact the candidate for a Discovery call
- Qualified candidates will be invited to complete credit and criminal checks, an Asset Verification letter and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
3. Operations Interviews
- Two or more interviews are scheduled with Operations Representatives
- Candidates prepare and complete a business case presentation
4. Restaurant Experience Days
- Candidate participates in 2 experience days at a Tim Hortons® restaurant (registration fee required).
5. Senior Leadership Team Interview
- Candidate interviews with a member of the Senior Leadership (Head of Operations or President of Tim Hortons® Canada)
6. Final Approval and Training
- Candidates who complete all steps successfully, will considered for future franchising opportunities
- Prior to operating a restaurant, applicants are required to complete 3-5 weeks of Tim Hortons® training